Headshot Tips Tampa
Cynthia McIntyre Photography is the headshotologist. She is a skilled professional photographer experienced at creating great headshots for actors as well as business men and women. She has photographed thousands of clients and is quite knowledgeable regarding the current trends for headshots in the US. She has eleven portrait studios in Tampa, Sarasota and St. Petersburg and offers some important headshot tips for her clients in the Tampa Bay area. Regardless of the type of headshot to be created, the following headshot tips will help you be prepared.
Headshot Tips Tampa -Preparation for Your Headshot
Headshot tips Preparation:
- A good night sleep will ensure that you appear rested and fresh on the day of your session.
- Do not come to the session hungry- eat a snack or a meal before your session so you have adequate energy during the session
- Do not change your hair style before your session. Wear you hair in a way that you believe makes you look your best.
- You hair should be clean and dry and styled in a manner that you like.
- Get you hair cut at the appropriate interval prior to your headshot. Some people look their best the day after a hair cut, others a few weeks after their session.
- Don’t over do the make-up. A woman should look natural in her actor headshot so the casting director can see the “real” you. A woman getting a business headshot may feel more confident if she is wearing make-up. However, it should not be excessive.
- Men should not wear make-up. Most men would feel uncomfortable wearing make-up. Therefore I never recommend that a man hire a make-up artist or wear any make-up on the day of their session. Any blemishes on a man’s face will be removed in retouching.
- Men should be clean shaven for their session. I am unable to remove a five o’clock stubble in photoshop.
- Make certain your clothes are neatly pressed.
- Wear clothing that you like. When we are wearing clothing that we like, it makes us feel better and this shows in your facial expression in the final image
For more headshot tips or to book a headshot session with Cynthia McIntyre Photography, CALL 813-369-5545